Create a Blog Assignment

 Hi my name is Trenton Woods and I am a freshman here at UAF. I am a former hockey player but now I am focusing on school and enjoying the outdoors. I am looking forward to a great semester learning about music. Hope you enjoy my first ever blog!




My Website


Music Analysis #1


It's a Great Day to Be Alive by Travis Tritt


Overview:

I chose "It'a a Great Day to Be Alive" for a couple different reasons. I personally believe that you should never take things for granted in life especially when things are going good. You never know when things could go wrong and you could be wishing you had things you used to. This song is about appreciating the little things in life and just being happy that you get to live such a special life. My mom used to play this song when I was younger so when I listen to it now it brings me back to her singing this in the car on the way to drop me off at school. This song was originally performed by Jon Randall in the 1990's but was then covered by Travis Tritt in 2000. This song peeked at #2 on the Hot Country Singles Billboard. People from all over the world enjoy this song due to its appreciative look on a simple and happy life. 


Elements:

Rythym, Tempo, and Form are the main elements in this song that interest me due to the flow that they bring to the outcome. The Rhythm and the Tempo are very slow to stay on track with Tritt. Tritt is singing about a simple and easy going life so a slow rhythm and tempo is key for the smoothness of this song. The form or the "big picture" relates to the tempo and rhythm of this song by its slow nature. 

Reviews:

"I was having a very upsetting day when I heard this song on the radio. It really made me feel better, so I put it on my iPad."

Like I said before, this song has a lifting tone meant to make people happy and appreciate life. When looking for a counterpoint I could not find one. I believe that is really hard not to like and understand this song. Everyone likes being happy and this song can only boost your mood. 


Source:

Amazon reviews, 2018, Retrieved from

https://www.amazon.com/Its-Great-Alive-Album-Version/dp/B00136PKBO

Top Charts, Wikipedia, 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Great_Day_to_Be_Alive







Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Looks like a sweet fishing hole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trent, I'm Aksiin. I'm a sophomore and also looking forward to this class this semester. Props for being able to skate, cause I'm the kind of guy who likes his feet on land. Can't wait to see more from the blog!

    P.S. I love to fish, but don't get to do it often. Looks like a good time in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a former hockey player too! I wonder if we ever played with each other or against each other. You look like a master fisherman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Trenton! I don't know if you remember me, but I'm one of Mandy's old friends. Your mom is absolutely the sweetest... what a blessing to have that memory of her as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Role of the Performer by Trenton Woods

Continued Exploration: You've Got A Friend In Me from Toy Story (Music and the Fictive Dream)