Final Blog Post (Music 200X) by Trenton Woods

 Trenton's Final Blog

Music's ability to cope with emotions



Personally music has always been a good way to get unwanted things off of my chest. Music has that ability to shift are emotions for the better and is something that I have utilized in the past. As I learned at a young age, music can change your mood from bad to good and good to great. When you have song that are relatable to your situation, it gives you that sense that you are not alone with the adversity you are dealing with at the given time. 


Give Heaven Some Hell by Hardy

This song right here is about a group of friends that have lost a member of there group. I can relate to this song by knowing that a person is living their best life from up above. This song gives me a comfortable feeling from the unfortunate loss that I experienced. This song is by Hardy and his crew released in the US in 2020 to help people cope with the fact of losing a close buddy or family member. This is one reason why music can help you by being relatable and comforting with a common ground by the artist. The 3 main elements I noticed in this song were the melody, tempo, and tinker. Melody comes in the beginning by the easy vibe it shows off in order to maintain the sad but hopeful feel to it, Tempo comes in with the slow speed to tie into the artist, Hardy. Timbre comes by Hardy's slow but strong voice to explain a feeling. 



Brother by Tyler Braden

This song hits close to home for me and my brother. My brother Justin and I have always been there for each other due to our hard past and when Im feeling down this song can cheer me up by knowing I have a close brother that will have my back and make me feel like I'm not alone. I am not sure what music does to other people but personally it can change my entire mood. This song come with 3 strong music elements including timbre, theme, and pitch. Timbre is presented when Braden's strong voice shows empathy to about his close brother. Theme is apparent when in the background of the backup singers that ties it all in. Pitch is shown when Braden's voice goes up and down showing his full range. 


Music can do wonders for your mental state when you need it most. Before talking this class I did not appreciate music as much as I used to. Music is a language that everyone needs in their life in my opinion. There is just so much that music has that people don't know including myself before this class. An art that few people will ever have the talent of making it. That is why it is so special. 



Sources:

Can music really affect our mood? Vibe. Retrieved from 

https://www.vibe105to.com/tuned-in/can-music-really-affect-our-mood


How does music change society. Say it loud. retrieved from

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/in-depth-features/how-music-changes-society/


Give Heaven Some Hell by Hardy. Youtube. retrieved from 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLPf8YhSc8


Brother by Tyler Braden. Youtube. retrieved from 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXS2w_sguNo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create a Blog Assignment

The Role of the Performer by Trenton Woods

Continued Exploration: You've Got A Friend In Me from Toy Story (Music and the Fictive Dream)